Monday, November 19, 2007

Persimmons

It was minus 2 degrees centigrade here the night before last and by the time five o'clock came around the thermometer had only managed to haul itself up to 14ÂșC. Brrr. That's wintry for us here, although I know for some of you that is still t-shirt weather.
A lot of plants around here are turning their leaves up in disgust and some are even dropping all pretence of foliage. There is a fruit grown around here - the humble persimmon - whose tree has a marvellous habit of shedding all leaves while the fruit is still hanging. We end up with fields of orange bauble-trees.

1 comment:

  1. HI LISA!! I LIKE THIS PICTURE WITH ALL "KAKIS" I don't like kakis but I have to recognize they give us a marvellous view on the desolate and grey road.
    I have a new blog if you want to visit it, this is my blog: losargentos.blogspot.com I know you love visiting blogs!
    Well I've tried to write in english please don't scare about the errors!! jajaja Byee see you! regards to your family. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.